The quantity of cosmic rays has an influence on climate, but this isn’t factored into the IPCC’s consensus science. Continue reading
Category Archives: Science
Innovating with pollens — [VIDEO]
Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat is a cold fusion reactor able to convert few grams of nickel powder and a small amount of high pressure hydrogen into heat for many months. — [VIDEO]
Someone has translated in English the Italian documentary on Andrea Rossi’s cold fusion reactor:
For background story, click on the tags, “Andrea Rossi“, “E-cat“, or “LENR“.
Solar activity and cosmic rays drive the Earths climate.
Global warming due to human-produced CO2 is the biggest scientific imposture of all times.
Henrik Svensmark –- The Cloud Mystery (French version):
Vincent Courtillot (in French, alas):
David Servan-Schreiber on anti-cancer food – [VIDEO]
Emile’-s bro is on an crucial crusade —-battling cancer. Eating the right things helps a lot.
Emile Servan-Schreibers bro on Imus
David Servan-Schreiber on cancer:
Download this post to watch this video —-if your feed reader does not show it to you.
Climate Stats = Sausage Making
How to Make Your Own Hockey Stick –- Required reading for our good friend Caveat Bettor.
More info on “-climategate”- at Memeorandum
“-Hide the decline”-
“-Hide the decline”-
Every time the global temperature data gets revised and homogenized, the trends keep increasing.
One scientist investigated data from one source:
What this does show is that there is at least one temperature station where the trend has been artificially increased to give a false warming where the raw data shows cooling. In addition, the average raw data for Northern Australia is quite different from the adjusted, so there must be a number of … mmm … let me say “interesting” adjustments in Northern Australia other than just Darwin.
And with the Latin saying “Falsus in unum, falsus in omis” (false in one, false in all) as our guide, until all of the station “adjustments” are examined, adjustments of CRU, GHCN, and GISS alike, we can’t trust anyone using homogenized numbers.
COLD FUSION: The purpose of this post is to give you the scientific explainer link I forgot to publish (at inception) in my previous post.
InTrade’s sudden and puzzled interest in… alchemy…!!!
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Justin Wolfers [*] is the most cited prediction market economist
- The Orb @ Texas Tech University
- IS IT SAFE TO LOCATE A PREDICTION EXCHANGE NEAR A RIVER???
- RIVER RISING. POWER PLANT CLOSED. IOWA ELECTRONIC MARKETS AT RISK? DEVELOPING…
- U.S. COAST GUARDS DEPLOYED TO SAVE THE IOWA ELECTRONIC MARKETS
- VIDEO: The financial markets hacker who will impress Jason Ruspini
- VIDEO: WeatherBill caught on tape
An Inconvenient Truth – Al Gores movie
I just saw the DVD —-and so did George Tziralis’- brother.
The main points:
- The Keeling curve, measuring CO2 from the Mauna Loa Observatory. [See chart below.]
- The retreat of numerous glaciers is shown in before-and-after photographs (see Retreat of glaciers since 1850).
- A study by researchers at the Physics Institute at the University of Bern and the European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica presenting data from Antarctic ice cores showing carbon dioxide concentrations higher than at any time during the past 650,000 years.
- Temperature record since 1880 showing that the ten hottest years ever measured in this atmospheric record have all occurred in the last fourteen years.
- A 2004 survey by Naomi Oreskes of 928 peer-reviewed scientific articles on global climate change published between 1993 and 2003. The survey, published as an editorial in the journal Science, found that every article either supported the human-caused global warming consensus or did not comment on it.
[…] How well does the film handle the science? Admirably, I thought. It is remarkably up to date, with reference to some of the very latest research. Discussion of recent changes in Antarctica and Greenland are expertly laid out. He also does a very good job in talking about the relationship between sea surface temperature and hurricane intensity. As one might expect, he uses the Katrina disaster to underscore the point that climate change may have serious impacts on society, but he doesn’-t highlight the connection any more than is appropriate .
There are a few scientific errors that are important in the film. […]
For the most part, I think Gore gets the science right, just as he did in Earth in the Balance. The small errors don’-t detract from Gore’-s main point, which is that we in the United States have the technological and institutional ability to have a significant impact on the future trajectory of climate change. This is not entirely a scientific issue — indeed, Gore repeatedly makes the point that it is a moral issue — but Gore draws heavily on Pacala and Socolow’-s recent work to show that the technology is there .
I’-ll admit that I have been a bit of a skeptic about our ability to take any substantive action, especially here in the U.S. Gore’-s aim is to change that viewpoint, and the colleagues I saw the movie with all seem to agree that [Al Gore] is successful.
In short: this film is worth seeing. It opens in early June.
External Link: Al Gore’-s critics.
Previously: The London School of Economics chose InTrade-TradeSports over BetFair-TradeFair for floating event derivatives on global warming. + InTrade’s global warming prediction markets are more socially interesting than BetFair’s ones. + BetFair’s Global Warming Prediction Markets —- CFM’-s Views
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- A second look at HedgeStreet’s comment to the CFTC about “event markets”
- Since YooPick opened their door, Midas Oracle has been getting, daily, 2 or 3 dozens referrals from FaceBook.
- US presidential hopeful John McCain hates the Midas Oracle bloggers.
- If you have tried to contact Chris Masse thru the Midas Oracle Contact Form, I’m terribly sorry to inform you that your message was not delivered to the recipient.
- THE CFTC’s SECRET AGENDA —UNVEILED.
- “Over a ten-year period commencing on January 1, 2008, and ending on December 31, 2017, the S & P 500 will outperform a portfolio of funds of hedge funds, when performance is measured on a basis net of fees, costs and expenses.”
- Meet professor Thomas W. Malone (on the right), from the MIT’s Center for Collective Intelligence.