A good (and sometimes hilarious) article from Apple Insider, which highlights the P.R. problems that MicroSoft auto-create each time the Redmond folks try to bash the Macintosh via fake ads…- disingenuous ads.
If you use some great software packages (utilities or applications) missing in this list, let me know. Thanks. Appreciated.
- Operating Systems: Linux – Ubuntu – Apple Macintosh OS – Apple iPhone OS – MicroSoft Windows
- Open-Source Software Packages: Open-Source Software Packages – Open-Source Mac – Open-Source iPhone Software – Open-Source Windows
- Linux: —-
- Macintosh: – ClamXav – The Unarchiver – Disk Inventory X – OnyX – Maintenance – Deeper – Desktop Inspector – Service Scrubber – AppCleaner – Burn – QuickSilver – MercuryMover – CyberDuck – iRed Lite – KisMac – Adium – Fink – Fink Commander – NeoOffice – Aquamacs Emacs – Apple iLife – Apple iWork -
- Windows: – ClamWin – AVG Free – IZArc – Programmer’-s NotePad – IrFanView – ListGarden – Core FTP – WinAMP – Real – Cube Explorer -
- Cross-Platform: – Java – Skype – Mozilla FireFox – Opera – Chrome – Apple Safari – GreaseMonkey for FireFox – Mozilla ThunderBird – RSS Owl – Adobe PDF Reader – VLC – Apple QuickTime – Audacity – GIMP – Inkscape – Blender – Open Office – Kompozer – Nvu – R – Vdrift -
UPDATE: Chris Hibbert lists his favorite software packages for Macintosh in the comment area. (I used his tips to update the listing above.)
- Set the screen resolution of your PC at 1600 x 1200 pixels or more.
- You will probably have to augment the size of the font(s) used by your browser and your other software.
That way, you will have more things on your screen.
And you will enjoy our extended horizontal menu bar, present on top of every Midas Oracle webpage. More menu choices means more opportunities for the web visitors to discover the prediction markets. Which is good for all the prediction market people and organizations listed on those webpages.