Via Mike Giberson
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- 48 hours after the launch of the “Prediction Markets” group at LinkedIn, we have already 52 members —both prediction market luminaries and simple people (trading the event derivatives or collecting the market-generated probabilities).
- The John Edwards Non-Affair gives us an opportunity to look deep into the caldron of the wisdom of crowds.
- We Plug This British Betting Blog On Midas Oracle Because We Like Its Name.
- 24 hours after the launch of the “Prediction Markets” group at LinkedIn, we have already 39 members —both prediction market luminaries and simple people (trading the event derivatives or collecting the market-generated probabilities).
- That was ubber world star Barack Obama in Berlin, during his July 2008 speech at the Victory Column. Spot all the digital cameras pointing to the socialist Messiah. Snatching something to bring at home — “see, I was there”.
- If you want your affiliation with the “Prediction Markets” group to appear on your LinkedIn profile, then click on “Edit Public Profile Settings”, and check the “Groups” option.
- If you want to connect with InTrade CEO John Delaney on LinkedIn…
“-Blackpool had the best case, proved it and still lost”- is a sentiment shared by a town in shock at the decision to award the lucrative prize to Manchester. Our North West neighbours were, said the CAP, the best bet on all counts –- for helping assist regeneration of a poor district and as the social impact test bed for Las Vegas-style glitz and gambling. Not so, say MPs, council leaders and Gazette readers who today made an 11th hour appeal to Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell to think again ahead of the crucial Parliamentary vote on the matter.
The City of Paris, too, had the best case in bidding for hosting the 2012 Olympics —-it lost to London. The error (or “-bias”-?) is to think that small, secretive committees only judge on merits.
–->- Beware event derivatives whose expiry is based on the decision of a group of people…- you know close to nothing about. (((Psstt…- I will talk to you, later on, about…- event derivatives whose expiry is based on the decision of a group of people…- you know everything about. Ha! ha! ha! I’-m serious. It’-s the high end of my concept of X Groups.)))