External Links: Paul Graham’-s criticism of Apple + Phil Schiller Grants Interview About Apple’s App Store, Claims Devs Actually Like Approval Process. + The BusinessWeek interview + iPhone developers are stupid.
If you use some great software packages (utilities or applications) missing in this list, let me know. Thanks. Appreciated.
- Operating Systems: Linux – Ubuntu – Apple Macintosh OS – Apple iPhone OS – MicroSoft Windows
- Open-Source Software Packages: Open-Source Software Packages – Open-Source Mac – Open-Source iPhone Software – Open-Source Windows
- Linux: —-
- Macintosh: – ClamXav – The Unarchiver – Disk Inventory X – OnyX – Maintenance – Deeper – Desktop Inspector – Service Scrubber – AppCleaner – Burn – QuickSilver – MercuryMover – CyberDuck – iRed Lite – KisMac – Adium – Fink – Fink Commander – NeoOffice – Aquamacs Emacs – Apple iLife – Apple iWork –
- Windows: – ClamWin – AVG Free – IZArc – Programmer’-s NotePad – IrFanView – ListGarden – Core FTP – WinAMP – Real – Cube Explorer –
- Cross-Platform: – Java – Skype – Mozilla FireFox – Opera – Chrome – Apple Safari – GreaseMonkey for FireFox – Mozilla ThunderBird – RSS Owl – Adobe PDF Reader – VLC – Apple QuickTime – Audacity – GIMP – Inkscape – Blender – Open Office – Kompozer – Nvu – R – Vdrift –
UPDATE: Chris Hibbert lists his favorite software packages for Macintosh in the comment area. (I used his tips to update the listing above.)
I watched the Apple event introducing the iPhone 3.0 —-the new version of the operating system for the smart phone. (The competitor is the Google Android, caressed by the innocent mister Cowgill.)
We have now 2 different ecosystems for people to access betting online:
- a personal computer (desktop or laptop) + a connection to the Internet (coupled sometimes with the phone system)-
- a personal hand-held computer + a connection to both the phone system and the Internet.
- a personal computer is piloted by a mouse (or a trackpad) on a plane surface-
- a personal hand-held computer is piloted by the fingers.
More and more, businesses (like Automattic/WordPress) are developing a special entry point on the Web for the iPhone and Android users. BetFair has already developed a sub-website for them. No doubt that the other prediction exchanges will follow course —-since the 2 different ecosystems are here to stay.