You are welcome to use it to make your “-help wanted”- announcements.
333 members —-growing every day.
1. How To Join Us
2. LinkedIn Network
For your information, here is the listing of the co-managers of the Prediction Markets group at LinkedIn:
– The ownership of the group could be transferred to the yet-to-be-created “-Prediction Market Institute”-, at one time in the distant future.
Once you have joined our Prediction Markets group at LinkedIn, here’-s how to make its logo visible on your profile.
– After you have joined our Prediction Markets group at LinkedIn, please make its logo visible on your profile. (In your listing of groups you belong to, you should read, near each one, “-change visibility”-. Click on that.)
– You are also invited to join Chris Masse’-s network at LinkedIn.
Our Prediction Market People – (from the two networks listed just above)
– Bernd Ankenbrand (Gexid Manager)
– Paul Architzel (Counsel at Alston &- Bird)
– Maurice Balick (NewsFutures CTO)
– Pierluigi Buccioli (Entrepreneur and Betting Exchange Trader- Owner of Bookmakers Review)
– Jason Carver (Entrepreneur and Engineer)
– Yiling Chen (Professor at Harvard University)
– Jed Christiansen (Prediction Market Consultant)
– Tony Clare (Head of Strategic Initiatives at Betfair)
– Norris Clark (Vice-President of Sales at NewsFutures)
– Alexander Costakis (Managing Director of Hollywood Stock Exchange)
– Tyler Cowen (Economics Professor at George Mason University)
– Bo Cowgill (Quantitative Marketing Manager at Google)
– Eric Crampton (Senior Lecturer at University of Canterbury)
– Noam Danon (Qmarkets CEO and Founder)
– Pedro Da Cunha (Exago Markets CEO)
– John Delaney (InTrade CEO)
– Juan Manuel Ducler (Founder, BestChartsOnline.com / Trader &- Financial Consultant)
– Nigel Eccles (HudDub CEO)
– Leslie Fine (VP of Market Design at Xpree)
– Matthew Fogarty (Prediction Market Consultant – Xpree CEO and Founder)
– Lance Fortnow (Professor of Computer Science at Northwestern University)
– Nick Garner (SEO / PPC / Search Manager at BetFair)
– Cedric Gaspoz (Research and Teaching Assistant at University of Lausanne)
– Michael Giberson (Energy Economist at Texas Tech University)
– Sean Glass (Founder, Chairman, Chief Strategy Officer at Pikum Holdings)
– Andrew Goldberg (Intern at Media Law Resource Center)
– Robin Hanson (Professor of Economics at George Mason University)
– Chris Hibbert (Software Architect, Project Lead at Zocalo)
– Donna Hoffman (Professor and Co-Director, Sloan Center for Internet Retailing)
– Panagiotis Ipeirotis (Assistant Professor at New York University)
– Max Keiser (Entrepreneur, Journalist, Co-Founder of the Hollywood Stock Exchange)
– Alex Kirtland (User Experience Consultant)
– Ken Kittlitz (Software Architect, Foresight Exchange, Consensus Point)
– Greg Knaddison (Developer and Sys Admin for PingVision)
– Nathan Kontny (Inkling Markets CTO)
– Kriss Monaco (Director of New Product Development at International Securities Exchange)
– Dean LeBaron (Independent Investment Management Professional)
– Heidi Levin (Director of Business Development at Inkling Markets)
– Mike Linksvayer (Vice-President of Creative Commons)
– Rory Mackay (PredictionsMarkets.com Co-Founder and Owner)
– Chris. F. Masse (Founder and President of Midas Oracle)
– Tracy Mullen (Penn State Professor of Information Technology)
– Jesper Muller-Krogstrup (Managing Director of Nosco)
– Sean Park (Founding Partner at Sixth Paradigm)
– David Pennock (Principal Research Scientist at Yahoo!)
– Daniel Reeves (Yahoo! Research Scientist)
– Michael Robb (Communications &- PR Executive at BetFair)
– Steve Roman (Financial Analyst at FXCM)
– Mark Rose (Ex-HedgeStreet Director of Product Development)
– Jason Ruspini (Financial Research Analyst, Vice President at Conquest Capital Group)
– Mike Sankowski (Product Development and Market Operations Manager at US Futures Exchange)
– Emile Servan-Schreiber (NewsFutures CEO and Co-Founder)
– Brian Shiau (The Sim Exchange CEO and Founder)
– Adam Siegel (Inkling Markets CEO and Co-Founder)
– Ashish Singal (Capital Markets Professional)
– Erik Snowberg (Assistant Professor of Economics and Political Science at California Institute of Technology)
– Brad Stewart (Reality Markets Founder)
– Brent Stinski (Media Predict CEO and Founder)
– Karim Tahawi (MyCurrency Founder)
– Jason Trost (Co-Founder of Smarkets)
– George Tziralis (Doctoral Researcher at National Technical University of Athens, Co-Founder of AskMarkets)
– Robert Wilburn (Rimdex CEO and Founder)
– Gerry Wilson (YooNew CEO and Co-Founder)
– Justin Wolfers (Professor of Business and Public Policy at the University of Pennsylvania)
– Matt Youill (Chief Technologist at Betfair)
– David Yu (BetFair CEO, Former CTO and COO of BetFair)
– Eric Zitzewitz (Professor of Economics at Dartmouth College)
– Plus, many, many more…-
Other Prediction Market People At LinkedIn
– Russell Andersson (Chief Operating Officer, Third Ave Beach)
– Adrian Asher (Global Head of Security at BetFair)
– Henry Berg (Group Manager on Information Markets at Microsoft)
– Matt Carter (Director of the Advanced Technology Group at BetFair)
– Jonathan Cumberlege (Former Director of Registrations &- Payments at BetFair)
– Gerard Cunningham (President at BetFair USA)
– Mark Davies (Managing Director of Corporate Affairs of BetFair)
– Mike Dooley (Vice-President of Engineering at NewsFutures)
– Sean Dunbar (Former Head of Technology at Hollywood Stock Exchange)
– Mathias Entenmann (Exchange Managing Director of BetFair)
– Brian Galebach (Freelance Computer Programmer and Owner of Probability Sports)
– Carol Gebert (Former Founder at Incentive Markets)
– Christian Hellmers (Director of US Business Development of BetFair)
– David Jack (TradeFair Director)
– Richard Jaycobs (Cantor Exchange Project Leader)
– Nicholas Jenkins – Nick Jenkins – (Owner of Betcha.com)
– Ajit Kambil (Global Director at Deloitte Research)
– Alam Kasenally (Xpree CTO)
– Mike Knesevitch (Ex-InTrade Director)
– Dawn Tevekelian Keller (Director, Services Business Group &- Prediction Markets at Best Buy)
– Robin Marks (Head of Media at BetFair)
– Hunter Morris (Co-Founder of Smarkets)
– George Neumann (Professor of Economics And Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences at the University of Iowa, Co-Founder of the Iowa Electronic Markets)
– Scott Page (Professor at University of Michigan)
– Paul Pluschkell (Founder &- CEO at Spigit)
– Todd Proebsting (Director at Microsoft, Former Group Manager on Information Markets at Microsoft)
– Linda Rebrovick (Consensus Point CEO)
– Don Reynolds (Site Administrator at NewsFutures)
– Felix Salmon (Financial Journalist at Portfolio)
– Bimal Shah (Product Manager at TradeFair)
– Martin Spann (Professor at the University of Passau)
– Will Speck (Director Business Development &- Market Research at Financial Times &- FT.com)
– Martin Thompson (Engineering Director at TradeFair)
– Geoffrey Tso (Engineering Manager at Xpree)
– Andrew Twaits (Corporate and Business Affairs Director of BetFair Australia)
– Mark Wood (Head of Programme at TradeFair0
– Plus, many, many more…-
Do become a member of our LinkedIn group on Prediction Markets, today.
we are now 173.
More information here.
Tonite, I will send an out e-mail to 2 or 3 persons to ask them, if they are kind enough, to review the mission statement of the Open Institute Of Prediction Markets and give me feedback. Many prediction market people and prediction market companies already told me that the concept is very “-interesting”-. It is a good start.
P.S. It won’-t be called the “-Open Institute Of Prediction Markets”-, actually. (You think I am stupid enough to tell all publicly?)
Join us today.
Don’-t forget to tell LinkedIn to show the groups you belong to on your profile —-that’-s the damn purpose (to get the web visitors to navigate from one profile to another from within the prediction market community).
By default, the groups are not visible on your profile. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THAT OPTION. Do it now. Hurry up. (What? It’-s not done, already? What are you waiting for?)
YOU SHOULD READ: My list of LinkedIn connections is 2.6 times longer than John Delaney’-s one. I have 101- he has only 38. Pfff…- He is so behind. He’-ll never catch up.
Do join the “-Prediction Markets”- group at LinkedIn.
Join the LinkedIn group on “-Prediction Markets”- —-WE ARE NOW 79 MEMBERS.
Don’-t forget to make the group badge visible on your profile —-OTHERWISE, THE DAMN PURPOSE IS DEFEATED.
If you want your affiliation with the “-Prediction Markets”- group to appear on your LinkedIn profile (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR NETWORKING), click on “-Edit Public Profile Settings”-, and check the “-Groups”- option.
They have just approved it.
Join today, and the group logo will appear at the bottom of your detailed profile —-if you elect so.