You may have heard the rumor that BetFair do access customers’- trading details and do use that intelligence.
From what I gather (the re-phrasing is mine):
- BetFair does never seed markets or take proprietary positions against its customers.
- At BetFair, taking advantage of customer information would be considered grounds for summary dismissal.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Do BetFair understand the “statistical concept of expectation”?
- Towards an anti-drugs and anti-corruption body for all sports? — BetFair’s proposal…
- TOTE Tasmania has entered into an agency agreement with Betfair Australia that will provide it with access to Betfair’s global customer base of more than one million punters.
- Do InTrade allow financial scams to be published on their web forum?
- The BetFair Starting Price is such a phenomenal success that their MSR-like system melted down under pressure last Saturday, April 5th, 2008, for the British equivalent of the Kentucky Derby —the Grand National at Liverpool.