According to Jason Calcanis…- [click here for the debunking of this idea].
How to download Michael Masnick’-s The Economics Of Abundance. Scroll down this page.
How to download Michael Masnick’-s short film, “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”-:
- Install any video capture software. I recommend Video Download Helper because it is more universal, but Easy YouTube Video Download is good enough. Both software packages are extensions for FireFox. [*]
- Go to the YouTube webpage for the short film “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”-.
- Video Download Helper: Select “-HQ 22″- in the scrolling list (at the right upper corner of FireFox). Save the high-quality MP4 file to your hard drive. [**]
- Easy YouTube Video Download: Right-click on “-HD”- (on the right sidebar) to open the link in another tab. Save the high-quality MP4 file to your hard drive.
- Be patient while downloading- it is a big file.
- If the 2 methods described above fail, then use a GreaseMonkey script to download the MP4 file —-no HD, alas.
- If you didn’-t manage to download the MP4 file from YouTube, you might have gotten the FLV file. (“-FLV”- is YouTube’-s native file system). To convert the FLV files into MP4 files, use MPEG StreamClip.
- DISCLAIMER: You shall be informed that downloading a video goes against YouTube’-s terms of service.
[*] Here are some other means to download any video to your hard drive:
- If you watched a video within your browser, the file might be stored in your browser cache. Search for it.
- A list of Web-based or PC-based download software packages or services, compiled by the great folks at Mashable.
- The Torrent sites: –- OpenBitTorrent –- PublicBitTorrent
[**] Video Download Helper:
- “-HQ 22″- = HD MP4 file
- “-HQ 18″- = MP4 file
- “-HQ 35″- = FLV file
Nota Bene: If you don’-t see “-HQ 22″- or “-HQ 18″- in the scrolling list of “-Video Download Helper”-, don’-t hesitate to reload the YouTube page- it should work the second time. If this fails, then use “-Easy YouTube Video Download”-, instead. If this fails too, use the GreaseMonkey script. If this fails too, then download the FLV file, and convert it into an MP4 file.
- Translation: Download “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”- film = Descargar “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”- pelicula = Herunterladen “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”- film = Telecharger film “-THE ECONOMICS OF ABUNDANCE”-
Here’-s my answer to Jamie Burrows:
- Midas Oracle is an independent publication —-independent from InTrade, and from the other prediction market organizations. We say what we want, here.
- As I explained in my comment, there are 2 situations. Case #1 is Inkling Markets and HubDub who ask for volunteers and make it clear that there is no compensation for managing the play-money prediction markets. Case #1 is as clear as spring water. Case #2 is InTrade.Net who ask for volunteers and lure them by floating a “-compensation“- who would be made up of proceeds from Google AdWords/AdSense. The problem is that it is well known that this program brings peanuts for the sites and pages that receive a low web traffic. (And for the high-traffic sites, the revenue collected from ads doesn’-t pay for the time spent on writing for the web publication. See #4.)
- Luring small people into thinking they can get “-compensated”- by working for InTrade.Net is thus highly un-ethical —-to say the least.
- My dear Jamie, isn’-t the role of independent publications to inform readers about things that big corporations want to hide from the public?