How to download U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl (Sunday, October 25th, 2009). The YouTube video is not in HD, alas. Scroll down this page.
– The band’-s 360 Tour played the Pasadena, California, Rose Bowl on October 25 to a sellout crowd of 97,014.
– U2 + YouTube = 10 million streams
– U2’s YouTube Concert Grabs 10 Million Live Streams.
– The Guardian on U2’-s YouTube concert
– U2 @ Wikipedia + U2 @ YouTube + U2 @ Official Site
How to download U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl (Sunday, October 25th, 2009):
- Install any video capture software. I recommend Video Download Helper because it is more universal, but Easy YouTube Video Download is good enough. Both software packages are extensions for FireFox. [*]
- Go to the YouTube webpage for “-U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl”-.
- Video Download Helper: Select “-HQ 18″- in the scrolling list (at the right upper corner of FireFox). Save the MP4 file to your hard drive. [**]
- Easy YouTube Video Download: Right-click on “-MP4″- (on the right sidebar) to open the link in another tab. Save the MP4 file to your hard drive.
- Be patient while downloading- it is a big file.
- If the 2 methods described above fail, then use a GreaseMonkey script to download the MP4 file.
- If you didn’-t manage to download the MP4 file from YouTube, you might have gotten the FLV file. (”-FLV”- is YouTube’-s native file system). To convert the FLV files into MP4 files, use MPEG StreamClip.
- DISCLAIMER: You shall be informed that downloading a video goes against YouTube’-s terms of service.
[*] Here are some other means to download any video to your hard drive:
- If you watched a video within your browser, the file might be stored in your browser cache. Search for it.
- A list of Web-based or PC-based download software packages or services, compiled by the great folks at Mashable.
- The Torrent sites: –- OpenBitTorrent –- PublicBitTorrent
[**] Video Download Helper:
- “-HQ 22″- = HD MP4 file
- “-HQ 18″- = MP4 file
- “-HQ 35″- = FLV file
Nota Bene: If you don’-t see “-HQ 18″- in the scrolling list of “-Video Download Helper”-, don’-t hesitate to reload the YouTube page- it should work the second time. If this fails, then use “-Easy YouTube Video Download”-, instead. If this fails too, use the GreaseMonkey script. If this fails too, then download the FLV file, and convert it into an MP4 file.
– Translation: Download “-U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl”- film = Descargar “-U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl”- pelicula = Herunterladen “-U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl”- film = Telecharger film “-U2’-s YouTube concert at the Rose Bowl”-
Just for fun, “-Beautiful Day”-: