Read the previous blog posts by Chris. F. Masse:
- When copies are free, you need to sell things that can not be copied.
- BetFair Starting Price = Simplified Trading —just like MSR is, but without an AMM.
- Predict Google’s market share (extracting early information from primary sources), and become rich —maybe (or maybe not).
- Midas Oracle is the most popular blog network covering the prediction markets and the prediction market industry (and that includes BetFair-TradeFair, TradeSports-InTrade, Google, Consensus Point, Justin Wolfers, Robin Hanson, and the rest of the pack).
- Hot-Linking InTrade’s Advanced Charts
- Prediction Markets on FaceBook
- BetFair SP = BetFair Starting Price
– In February 2001, Fortune magazine named ENRON the “-most innovative company”-.
– In October 2007, Robin Hanson, on the Overcoming Bias blog, re-published the falsehood that James Surowiecki (and 3 other book authors in their respective book) made a mistake about Francis Galton in his book, The Wisdom Of Crowds.
– In January 2008, the “-BetFair Prof”- (Leighton Vaughan-Williams) claimed, on the BetFair blog, that the “-betting markets”- foresaw the Republican race in the Michigan primary.
– In January 2008, Risk magazine named SOCIETE GENERALE (recently busted by one of its traders, which lead to a loss of 7.2 billion dollars) the “-equity derivatives house of the year”-.
TAKEAWAY: Either by complete incompetence or by lack of investigation means, journalism is not up to its lofty goal —-telling the truth to people.
(Via Marc Andreessen.)
Jerome Kerviel, soon to be named “-person of the year”- by Risk magazine?
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- A second look at HedgeStreet’s comment to the CFTC about “event markets”
- Since YooPick opened their door, Midas Oracle has been getting, daily, 2 or 3 dozens referrals from FaceBook.
- US presidential hopeful John McCain hates the Midas Oracle bloggers.
- If you have tried to contact Chris Masse thru the Midas Oracle Contact Form, I’m terribly sorry to inform you that your message was not delivered to the recipient.
- THE CFTC’s SECRET AGENDA —UNVEILED.
- “Over a ten-year period commencing on January 1, 2008, and ending on December 31, 2017, the S & P 500 will outperform a portfolio of funds of hedge funds, when performance is measured on a basis net of fees, costs and expenses.”
- Meet professor Thomas W. Malone (on the right), from the MIT’s Center for Collective Intelligence.