I predict that media buyers will focus on both a flight to quality and a flight to surety. This will benefit three types of startups: companies with large audiences, companies that sell direct-response advertising, and companies that offer valuable niche content.
Emile Servan-Schreiber of NewsFutures:
[…-] Also, the mere idea of a Web 2.0 makeover of prediction markets is laughable. To paraphrase a good ol’ song from the 90’s, prediction markets were web 2.0 before web 2.0 was cool.
Yeah, but Emile advertises his mastering of “-Web 2.0 tools”- on the NewsFutures frontpage —-while Inkling Markets and HubDug don’-t even mention the “-Web 2.0″- concept on their frontpage (I checked).
Here’-s a screen shot of the NewsFutures website:
Care to revise your TechCrunch statement, doc?
Read the previous blog posts by Chris. F. Masse:
- Pervez Musharraf prediction markets –Eric Zitzewitz Edition
- The Over-Round Explained
- WHY THE PREDICTION MARKETS WILL LIKELY F**K UP SUPER TUESDAY 2008.
- Still unconvinced by prediction market journalist Justin Wolfers
- Oprah Winfrey
- RIGHT-CLICK THIS IMAGE, AND FILL IN THIS SURVEY, PLEASE.
- Papers on Prediction Markets