YOU HEARD IT ON MIDAS ORACLE FIRST.
Once again, we out-scoop Freakonomics and Overcoming Whatever.
Reuters partners with Hubdub to put a presence on the prediction market site.
Reuters is pleased to announce their new presence on Hubdub, the virtual prediction market site.
Hubdub allows users to trade predictions with virtual money on the outcomes of breaking news stories and future events, with approximately 2 million Hubdub dollars traded daily. As part of a new, dedicated Reuters section within the site Reuters generates questions for users to trade on based on the latest breaking news and ranging in topics from the current credit crunch to the 2008 presidential election. Reuters questions are already among the most popular on Hubdub.
Additional tools and resources are also included to help build a Reuters community within the site, including a “-friends”- application, comment capabilities, links to the top Reuters stories of the day and Reuters market widgets, found at http://www.hubdub.com/partners/reuters.
Finally, because Hubdub prediction markets aggregate thousands of trades, the site often produces accurate forecasts on the likelihood of future events. Beyond weighing in on the outcome, users are able to reference the site for up-to-the-minute information on the public’-s predictions about breaking news from Reuters.
HubDub partnership program:
Become a Partner
Partner with Hubdub to engage and grow your community. Enrich your content for your users by adding forecasts, and drive traffic by creating a branded presence on Hubdub.
As a partner you can:
* Create branded questions on Hubdub for anyone to predict, with links back to your relevant content
* Sponsor and link to particular questions and get links back to your relevant content
* Get a branded profile page to highlight your questions and display a relevant news feed from your site or blog
* Post questions, graphs and forecasts as widgets alongside your content to engage users
* It’-s all completely free!
– News sites – engage your readers with forecasts they return to
– Bloggers – get novel content to enrich your posts and drive relevant traffic
– Special interest sites – give your community informative forecasts and attract new users
Become a partner – it’-s free!
Create an account on Hubdub and drop us an email asking to become a partner. Once we review your application we’-ll upgrade your account to a partner one. Easy!
UPDATE: HubDub PR