Hubdub does not permit markets on the impending death (for example how or when) of people, or markets considered to be death tolls, unless expressly approved at the discretion of the Category Editor. This rule will apply even in the context of a mainstream news story. This rule applies to all markets created after February 10, 2009.
Nigel, welcome to Reality 2.0.
It is impossible for any InTrade trader to know whether the financial accounting of InTrade is sound or not. Any commercial company surrounds itself with secrecy. Let alone an Irish company that illegally (from the DOJ’-s standpoint) exports its services to Americans.
UPDATE: See the comment #1 there.
It was impossible for the InTrade traders to divine whether Yahoo! CEO Jerry Yang would step down.
(In passing, note that InTrade has expired this contract hours after the breaking news hit the wires.)
It was impossible for the InTrade traders to divine whether Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 would be voted and enacted.
The InTrade predicton markets on the viability of InTrade won’-t reveal ANYTHING about the future of InTrade. It will just aggregate InTrade’-s PR output.
As for the “-business development initiatives”- planned by the InTrade executives, I wish them the best of luck. However, I remain skeptical, since I don’-t see what can replace the 2008 US elections in terms of attractiveness —-now that the SuperBowl has been sacrificed.
Link via Jason Ruspini
Previously: The InTrade predicton markets on the viability of InTrade won’-t reveal *ANYTHING* about the future of InTrade.
Here is what Niall O’-Connor has published on his site:
Read the previous blog posts by Chris. F. Masse:
- Davos – World Economic Forum
- CME Group = Chicago Mercantile Exchange + Chicago Board Of Trade
- Democratic and Republican caucuses in Nevada + Republican primary in South Carolina
- The BetFair blog is not a serious publication.
- MICHIGAN PRIMARY @ BETFAIR: Niall O’Connor asks the very pertinent question.
- One thing John Delaney and his Irish employees at InTrade-TradeSports can learn from the BetFair-TradeFair folks at HammerSmith.
- BetFair compound chart on the Michigan primary