QUESTION: Why did Monitor 110 fail?
ANSWER: Too much money.
- The lack of a single, “-the buck stops here”- leader until too late in the game-
- No separation between the technology organization and the product organization-
- Too much PR, too early-
- Too much money-
- Not close enough to the customer-
- Slow to adapt to market reality-
- Disagreement on strategy both within the Company and with the Board.
Personally, my view is that the concept should be excellent.
Being first on a market helps.
Hiring visionaries and leaders helps.
Picking up and developing the right technology helps.
But the key is the concept.
Nigel Eccles got the concept right.