UPDATE: Bo tells us: “-Actually, that’s my desk right behind him, in the top picture.”-
Using Prediction Markets to Track Information Flows: Evidence from Google – (PDF file – PDF file) – by Bo Cowgill, Justin Wolfers, and Eric Zitwewitz – 2008-01-06
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- POLLS VERSUS PREDICTION MARKETS: Justin Wolfers retorts to Bob Erikson.
- Based on market data from a tiny prediction exchange (IEM, which is much smaller than InTrade-TradeSports or BetFair), a couple of researchers claim that prediction markets do not have superior predictive power. — And, adding salt to injury, they call our prediction market luminaries (Robin Hanson, Justin Wolfers, etc.)… “naive”.
- Do the media avoid reporting the bad omens that is sometimes reflected in the prediction markets?
- BetFair’s brand-new bet matching logic
- Quizz Of The Day — Monday Morning Edition
- BEWARE THE BLOGGING ACADEMICS: They are not blogging to inform us —they are blogging to promote themselves.
- Did Jason Ruspini and friends cash in on huge moves in prices of oil, natural gas, coal and other parts of the energy patch, this semester?