The New York Times
Implications for the field of prediction markets (InTrade-TradeFair, BetFair-TradeFair, Betdaq, HSX, NewsFutures, Inkling Markets, etc.):
- Publish the “-Share This“- widget on each of your prediction market page, to make it easier for your customers to recommend that web spot to their friends (via e-mail or via social content aggregators)-
- Offer feed-compatible chart widgets that any specialized bloggers (who are opinion leaders on their vertical) can embed easily in their blog posts, so that they can tell their little community about your prediction markets.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Would be fun to have the equivalent for event derivatives.
- “We’ll be eight degrees hotter in 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow.” “Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals,” said Turner, 69. “Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state —like Somalia or Sudan— and living conditions will be intolerable.”
- QUESTION TO THE READERS: Could anyone guess what Nassim Nicholas Taleb would think of the prediction markets?
- YouTube Videos on Prediction Markets
- The Prime Minister of Ireland has just said he will resign, but neither InTrade nor BetFair would give the first fig.