Via Nigel Eccles and Mat Fogarty, the Predictify blog, Mashable, and VentureBeat.
NewsFutures, Consensus Point and Inkling Markets were self-funded, are now profitable, and are continuing to address their customers’- problems with a continually improved technology. These 3 prediction market software vendors are proving that you can create a sustainable business without the need to get “-funded”- by angel investors or VCs. With the money from those guys also comes the pressure to “-monetize”- every thing. It’-s not always a good thing to have the suits running the show. NewsFutures, Consensus Point and Inkling Markets are still in the hands of their founders, and they are still free to execute their vision —-the way they want.
What’-s your view, folks?
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- A second look at HedgeStreet’s comment to the CFTC about “event markets”
- Since YooPick opened their door, Midas Oracle has been getting, daily, 2 or 3 dozens referrals from FaceBook.
- US presidential hopeful John McCain hates the Midas Oracle bloggers.
- If you have tried to contact Chris Masse thru the Midas Oracle Contact Form, I’m terribly sorry to inform you that your message was not delivered to the recipient.
- THE CFTC’s SECRET AGENDA —UNVEILED.
- “Over a ten-year period commencing on January 1, 2008, and ending on December 31, 2017, the S & P 500 will outperform a portfolio of funds of hedge funds, when performance is measured on a basis net of fees, costs and expenses.”
- Meet professor Thomas W. Malone (on the right), from the MIT’s Center for Collective Intelligence.