The biggest mistake I made in my life was to stick for too long to MicroSoft Windows. I should have switched to Apple Macintosh OS (or, alternatively, Linux Ubuntu) long ago. I am going to buy a MacBook Pro 17″-, next month.
- Bill Gates and Steve Balmer are 2 idiotic bullies, who never cared about usability, but about expanding their monopoly, rather.
- Steve Jobs is a little dictator, granted, but he has been focusing solely on user experience.
- I have researched the Apple Macintosh for one week, and I found out only positive reviews. (George Tziralis told me that the MacBook Pro batteries might be a weak point, though.)
- Now that the Internet (and “-cloud computing”-) is the center of the Universe, we don’-t need PC standards anymore. The PC is just a client —-so that PC could well be a Mac or a Linux.
- I know that Windows 7 is coming, and I know that it is going to be better than Windows Vista (which is a calamity), but I am never going back to MicroSoft again. N-E-V-E-R. Period.
- I have suffered 2 terrible crashes this past month, with lost of fresh data. I see that Apple Macintosh has developed a “-Time Machine”- and a “-Time Capsule”- to back up data. I am going to use that.
- ADDENDUM (following Jed’-s comment): Most of the open-source software packages which I work on are also available for the Mac OS platform.
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)