I like Mat Fogarty and Xpree, I think they bring new and needed forecasting competency to the field of prediction markets, but I think that this statement is untrue and thus its author looks a bit childish. I can’-t believe that Mat Fogarty would output such a statement. To say that Xpree is “-the leader”- in this industry segment is like saying that The Dallas Morning News is the biggest newspaper on Earth.
REPLACE IT WITH: …-”-Xpree, the most innovative [*] supplier of prediction market forecasting technology for corporations”-…- that would be closer to the truth…- and less subject to controversy…- and ridicule.
[*] See rhe comments.
UPDATE: Mat Fogarty changed it for “-Xpree, the most awesome prediction market forecasting technology for corporations”-.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- How Decision Markets Work (with emphasis on InTrade) – by Robin Hanson
- MIDAS ORACLE POWER: People googling about BetFair’s new bet-matching logic are automatically directed to our group blog. BetFair’s SEO can return to the locker room.
- David Pennock, a respected expert in prediction markets and market design, discusses some aspects of BetFair’s new bet-matching logic.
- Inkling Markets has automated the making of the contractual agreement with its prospects. So, now, if you don’t want to, you can avoid talking to Adam “The Shark” Siegel.
- Google’s Bo Cowgill @ 2008 DIG Conference