[image removed —- see comments]
Via Niall O’Connor of Betting Market, the official BetFair betting blog.
#1. Unusable, unconventional layout and interface.
#2. Unsigned, crappy content.
Kind of reinforce my view that a firm cannot become a media company unless it partners or buys out a journalistic outlet. Not everybody can be a journalist. It requires special skills.
NEXT: How can BetFair, the world’-s market leader, produce such a piece of ****?
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Collective Error = Average Individual Error – Prediction Diversity
- When gambling meets Wall Street — Proposal for a brand-new kind of finance-based lottery
- The definitive proof that it’s presently impossible to practice prediction market journalism with BetFair.
- The Absence of Teams In Production of Blog Journalism
- Publish a comment on the BetFair forum, get arrested.
- If I had to guess, I would say about 50 percent of the “name pros” you see on television on a regular basis have a negative net worth. Frightening, I know.
- You can’t measure the usefulness of a system by how many resources it consumes.