THE MIDAS ORACLE TAKES:
– CALL TO ACTION: Let’-s fight so that the CFTC allows the FOR-PROFIT prediction exchanges to deal with “-event markets”-.
– In the for-profit vs not-for-profit debate, our prediction market luminaries, doctored by Bob, are on the wrong side of the issue.
– COMMENTS TO THE CFTC: What to expect from Tom W. Bell and Jason Ruspini
– A young economist rebuts the American Enterprise Institute.
– CFTC’s Concept Release on the Appropriate Regulatory Treatment of Event Contracts…- notably how they define “-event markets”-, how they are going to extend their “-exemption”- to other IEM-like prediction exchanges, and how they framed their questions to the public. Here are the comments sent to the CFTC.
– The Arnold &- Porter lawyer’-s take. —- (PDF file)
– The Schulte, Roth &- Zabel lawyers’- take. —- (PDF file)
– The Sullivan &- Cromwell lawyers’- take. —- (PDF file)
– What Vernon Smith told the CFTC.
– The American Enterprise Institute’s proposals to legalize the real-money prediction markets in the United States of America
– Chris Hibbert’-s libertarian take.
Paul Wolfowitz’-s profile at the American Enterprise Institute
– How the neo-cons drove the United States of America into the unecessary Iraq war