Matt Mullenweg has a post out comparing the 2 platforms and touting WordPress.
[…-] WordPress is 100% open source, GPL. All plugins in the official directory are GPL or compatible, 100% open source. […-] WordPress MU is 100% open source, GPL, and if you wanted you could take it and build your own hosted platform like WordPress.com, like edublogs.org has with over 100,000 blogs. […-]
I have read with fascination all the comments there, on the original MT blog post, and else. I have spotted many webmasters explaining why and how they moved from MovableType to WordPress —-but I have spotted none explaining why and how they moved from WordPress to MovableType.
Read the previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Jason Ruspini was an imprudent and cocky predictor, but, in the end, he is a honest man.
- Polls Vs. Prediction Markets
- Prediction exchanges let traders buy and sell contracts on the likelihood of future events. Contracts are structured so the prices can be read as a percent likelihood of an event occurring.
- What Jed Christiansen did say about Predictify
- Russell Andersson, Chief Operating Officer: Third Ave Beach
- Based on the analysis of some 600,000 official Iraqi documents seized by US forces after the invasion and thousands of hours of interrogations of former officials in Saddam’s government now in US custody, there is no evidence Saddam Hussein had ties to Al Qaeda.
- Robin Hanson is breaking the Internet.