[*] = newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, and web journalists
Editors &- Publishers
Via Henry Blodget (who is hilarious, as always)
Implications for the field of prediction markets (InTrade-TradeFair, BetFair-TradeFair, Betdaq, HSX, NewsFutures, Inkling Markets, etc.):
- The P.R. arm of the prediction market firms should also reach the bloggers —-not just the journalists.
- Prediction market firms should monitor the Blogosphere for rumors, and deal with them in a subtitle way.
- A long (“-too long”-, some will say), balanced, detailed blog post about your product is more useful to reach out than a media kit.
- Our industry needs a blog network of reference, all focused on prediction markets.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Last year’s best April Fool’s Day Joke had something to do with the Wisdom Of Crowds.
- Will HedgeStreet USA, the hypothetical InTrade USA, and the hypothetical TradeFair USA, be regulated in the future by a merged SEC+CFTC regulatory structure?
- WORST THAN ELIOT SPITZER (if it were possible): Formula One boss, Max Mosley, had sado-masochist sex with 5 prostitutes, for 5 hours (!!), reenacting a concentration camp scene (!!) in which he played the role of both Nazi guard and inmate.
- Is BetFair Poker a booby trap for the gullible novices? Does The Sporting Exchange (the operator of the BetFair brands) help gangs plucking down innocent recreational poker players?? To get an inkling, don’t read The Guardian, seeded by the BetFair spin doctor- read Midas Oracle.
- The video that the technologically retarded BetFair spin doctor should watch.