US Vice-President Dick Cheney this morning on ABC’-s Good Morning America:
CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.
RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.
RADDATZ: So? You don’t care what the American people think?
CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Robin Hanson wants to rule the world —just as CEOs and heads of states do for a living.
- Predictify got funded… Great for those who will be hired… But is it a good thing, overall?
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb likens modern-day financial markets to medicine in the 1800s, when going to a hospital in London or Paris multiplied your risk of death by four times, he says. Similarly, quants increase risk by deploying flawed financial tools designed to reduce it, he argues.
- TradeSports-InTrade — Check Deposits
- BetFair Australia fought for free trade across Australian state boundaries… and won.