Search engine expert Barry Schwartz:
[…-] Why does Google encourage such activity from their employees? […-] It also helps stimulate an “-optimism bias,”- which in turn encourages Google employees to work harder to achieve a certain outcome they have predicted in the [prediction] market[s]. […-]
Related Links: Using Prediction Markets to Track Information Flows: Evidence From Google – (PDF file – PDF file) – by Bo Cowgill (Google economic analyst), Justin Wolfers (University of Pennsylvania) and Eric Zitzewitz (Dartmouth College)
Author Profile -Editor and Publisher of Midas Oracle .ORG .NET .COM —- Chris Masse’-s mugshot —- Contact Chris Masse —- Chris Masse’-s LinkedIn profile —- Chris Masse’-s FaceBook profile —- Chris Masse’-s Google profile —- Sophia-Antipolis, France, E.U. Read more from this author…-
Read the previous blog posts by Chris. F. Masse:
- Comments are now completely open on Midas Oracle.
- Albert Einstein, Chairman of the Midas Oracle Advisory Board
- Erratic –but not Stochastic– Charts
- Barack Obama is the 44th US president.
- We already have prediction markets in future tax rates. It’s called the municipal bond yield curve.
- DELEGATES AND SUPERDELEGATES ACCOUNTANCY
- O’Reilly – Money-Tech Conference