I am afraid that Nigel Eccles’- answer to The Numbers Guy does not go deep enough into the arguments.
The Numbers Guy (and his interviewees) made some points that Nigel does not address.
See his Video Response.
PS: Nigel, Seesmic is a piece of shit. The video does not go into the feeds (unlike YouTube or Blip.TV.)
Background Info: The Numbers Guy: HubDub’-s PunditWatch is not as rigorous as Philip Tetlock was.
More Info: Interview via OPMs
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- The FaceBook profiles of the 2 most important men of the field of prediction markets
- THE HUMAN GADFLY WHOSE OBJECTIONS ROBIN HANSON IS DUCKING…???…
- Google now considers Midas Oracle as a major blog.
- Horizon 2015: A long-term strategic perspective for the real-money prediction markets
- Join our group at LinkedIn to have your “Prediction Markets” badge on your profile. It’s ‘chic’. (“Groups” info should be set as “visible”, in your profile options.) We are 63 this early Saturday morning —keeps growing.
- If you have been using PayPal to fund your InTrade, TradeSports or BetFair account, please, check that horror story.
- 48 hours after the launch of the “Prediction Markets” group at LinkedIn, we have already 52 members —both prediction market luminaries and simple people (trading the event derivatives or collecting the market-generated probabilities).