WOW. This is big.
[…] Finally, demand estimation is too important to be left entirely to experts.
Companies such as Google Inc. are harnessing the power of prediction markets —- which gather information from a large number of participants —- to generate useful forecasts.
There’-s no reason why governments can’-t do the same.
Let’-s shame the 95% of Fortune-500 companies for not using enterprise prediction markets.
- Shame on you, McDonald’-s, for not using enterprise prediction markets.
- Shame on you, Nike, for not using enterprise prediction markets.
- Shame on you, Conquest Capital, for not using enterprise prediction markets.
- etc. etc. etc.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Midas Oracle is only 6 times smaller than Fred Wilson’s blog, “A VC”.
- The best blogs on prediction markets
- The New Republic profiles the next Vice President of the United States of America —Jim Webb, maybe.
- No Trades (other than at the start) —-> Not a reliable predictor, as of today
- How you should read Midas Oracle
- The best prediction exchanges
- “There will be no media consumption left in ten years that is not delivered over an IP network. There will be no newspapers, no magazines that are delivered in paper form. Everything gets delivered in an electronic form.”