CNBC – The Closing Bell – Maria Bartiromo interviewed NewsFutures’- Norris Clark about Bet2Give and about NewsFutures’- enterprise prediction markets. It was great. Great.
The Video – The Video
If Emile Servan-Schreiber or Norris Clark put the video on YouTube, I will embed it in a blog post on Midas Oracle. And if they send me the transcript, I will publish it. It was great. The visuals were great —-like slides. Very good. We’-re making progress, folks.
Some remarks: I didn’-t like that Norris Clark defined Bet2Give as a “-prediction market“-, as opposed to a prediction exchange. And I object about talking about a “-stock market of future events”-. It’-s a derivative exchange for future events, rather.
UPDATE: NewsFutures CEO Emile Servan-Schreiber comments…-
This “-Sinning &- Winning”- tag line below the screen is very strange, since Bet2Give is explicitly about neither. It goes to show how deeply the association between betting and sinning is rooted in the American psyche. By that measure, we’-ve got a looooong way to go still before widespread acceptance of PMs [= prediction markets], not to mention legalization.
Read the previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Michael Gerber – The E-Myth Revisited
- Changes to TradeFair prediction markets
- Eric Zitzewitz, laughing all the way to the bank
- Michael Bloomberg: I’m not running… but, beware, I am a King maker.
- Meet the 3 Iowa Electronic Markets co-founders: George Neumann, Forrest Nelson and Robert Forsythe.
- When Markets Beat The Polls – Scientific American Magazine
- GLOBAL COOLING