Money Tech conference = Technology and Money, Asset Management and Networks, Computing Horsepower and Trading + Prediction Markets
Robin Hanson will be presenting on prediction markets at the Money Tech conference. He is not yet on the official program, but our friend (and prediction market skeptic) Barry Ritholtz tells us that Robin Hanson was at the pre-conference dinner. (Robin Hanson was quite surprisingly “-fascinating”-, he wrote. Will Robin Hanson manage to turn this skeptic into a fanboy? We’-ll see.)
Psstt…- Barry Ritholtz talks about November 2007 while the official site says February 2008. Bizarre.
Thanks to Alex Kirtland for alerting us about this Money Tech conference, last month.
UPDATE: Barry Ritholtz comments…-
November? How did that happen?
I meant February.
My current excuse for any brain glitch like this is to declare that I smoked way too much pot in college and leave it at that. (That’s much better than admitting advanced senility/aging)
Read the previous blog posts by Chris. F. Masse:
- Barack Obama’s victory in South Carolina won’t stop the Clintons.
- eTech 2008 — Google’s enterprise prediction markets
- Predictocracy = Market Mechanisms for Public and Private Decision Making
- Prediction Market Management — Foresight Exchange vs. Inkling Markets & HubDub
- Why you should launch your brand-new prediction exchange at a conference
- Why Indian Software Outsourcing Companies are Outsourcing to China
- Midas Oracle is the only popular, independent, exhaustive, multi-author, multi-exchange, Web-based resource on prediction markets.