HubDub CEO Nigel Eccles:
I fully appreciate the work that Emile and others have done but just because something hasn’t worked before doesn’t mean it can’t happen. […] Sometimes ideas take time and a fresh perspective before they achieve their full potential. […]
- The future is present today as a seed. If we examine today’-s seed under a microscope, we can see part of the future. The fact is that the prices/probabilities from NewsFutures’- play-money prediction markets are NEVER quoted by journalists and bloggers. They quote only InTrade, TradeSports, BetFair and the Hollywood Stock Exchange.
- “-Time”- can change that, indeed, provided that HubDub multiplies volumes by a factor of one million —-which is what I wish for them.
- I don’-t see the “-fresh perspective”- that HubDub would be bringing to the table. HubDub resembles a lot to NewsFutures. (The differences in terms of market design, automated market maker, and breath of topics, are a minor.) HubDub is a generalist, play-money prediction exchange, just like NewsFutures is.
Chris, I have a one link answer for you: http://thenotebook.honadvblogs…..24/hubdub/
@Nigel Eccles: Congrats, you made it in a blog that nobody reads.
A Hawaii blog talking about a Hawaii contract on HubDub. Wouarf. Now, the questions are:
– Will this Hawaii blog feature some non-Hawaii prediction markets offered by HubDub?
– Will the non-Hawaii blogs feature the Hawaii prediction market offered by HubDub?
My answer is “no” to both questions.
I agree that the HSX made it, but they stated in 1996, and had the support of some TVs to build up their base.