The Chicago candidacy, which was favored by the prediction markets (and bettors like Ben Shannon), is the one that fared the worst.
– “-Will Chicago get the Olympics? Dona€™t bet on it. Too risky.“-
– The prediction markets are not able to forecast which country will get the Olympics. The IOC is a close aristocratic group that does not leak information. Hence, it is not possible to aggregate information.
– Once again, we see that the P.R. agents of InTrade and BetFair (who both bragged about being able to predict Chicago) were overselling.
– BetFair’-s event derivative prices (on the far right of the chart, you can see that the price went down to zero):
– InTrade’-s event derivative prices (on the far right of the chart, you can see that the price went down to zero):
– HubDub’-s event derivative prices: