…- wrote that academic guy in the Wall Street Journal. But he doesn’-t mention that HedgeStreet and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (and the CBOT) are all for the “-excluded commodities”- and the “-Designated Contract Makers”- way.
Honesty and fairness, when writing in a prestigious publication, would dictate that you mention your opponents’- opinions.
Academia = Ivory Tower.
Will the Wall Street Journal give the same airtime to HedgeStreet and the CME Group?
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- The FaceBook profiles of the 2 most important men of the field of prediction markets
- THE HUMAN GADFLY WHOSE OBJECTIONS ROBIN HANSON IS DUCKING…???…
- Google now considers Midas Oracle as a major blog.
- Horizon 2015: A long-term strategic perspective for the real-money prediction markets
- Join our group at LinkedIn to have your “Prediction Markets” badge on your profile. It’s ‘chic’. (“Groups” info should be set as “visible”, in your profile options.) We are 63 this early Saturday morning —keeps growing.
- If you have been using PayPal to fund your InTrade, TradeSports or BetFair account, please, check that horror story.
- 48 hours after the launch of the “Prediction Markets” group at LinkedIn, we have already 52 members —both prediction market luminaries and simple people (trading the event derivatives or collecting the market-generated probabilities).