I have just visited plenty of scholars‘- websites, and I noted that the 2 websites where I could download the most papers on prediction markets were:
– Robin Hanson
– Justin Wolfers
Many (otherwise smart and friendly) researchers in our field don’-t understand how important it is to have a clean, comprehensive website, alas. Papers should be linked to and ready for download.
Young researcher to monitor: Richard Borghesi, who is deeply into TradeSports. Interesting person, whose work doesn’-t get enough blog or media coverage, in my judgment.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- Robin Hanson wants to rule the world —just as CEOs and heads of states do for a living.
- Predictify got funded… Great for those who will be hired… But is it a good thing, overall?
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb likens modern-day financial markets to medicine in the 1800s, when going to a hospital in London or Paris multiplied your risk of death by four times, he says. Similarly, quants increase risk by deploying flawed financial tools designed to reduce it, he argues.
- TradeSports-InTrade — Check Deposits
- BetFair Australia fought for free trade across Australian state boundaries… and won.