Cross-Linker by Jan Hvizdak
- Write the words InTrade or BetFair in your post, and the plugin will automatically add the appropriate web links.
- Of course, the plugin won’-t mess with your already, manually embedded links.
- Generally speaking, it won’-t mess with anything —-it is highly customizable.
- The links appear in your feed —-few of the other plugins in this category can do that.
- Deactivating the plugin won’-t delete your stored links.
- You can backup your stored links.
- You can even import the links from your blogroll. (I haven’-t tested that, yet, but will do soon.)
I have tested all the WordPress.org plugins in this category, and Cross-Linker (from Jan Hvizdak) is the best ever.
Recommended for prediction market journalism (or else).
I’-m Chris Masse and I approved this message.
I have created a lite plugin for WordPress. It displays the best one-line mottos and one-line quotes on prediction markets, in the top right corner of the admin panel. This plugin is based on a slight modification of the “-Never Gonna Give You Up”- plugin (based on the “-Hello, Dolly”- plugin).
Here’-s a screen shot:
As of today, I have just put the BetFair slogan in the database. Overtime, I will add quotes from our prediction market luminaries (or so they think they are). I might e-mail them to ask them to provide quotes —-or I might scout the Web for tidbits.
After my harvesting and implementing, I’-ll put up this plugin in the WordPress directory of plugins, so everybody can download it for free and get illuminated by our prediction market wisdom.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- “Is Clinton’s Pennsylvania Lead Really 20 Points?”
- The Most Surprising Piece Of News I’ve Heard Today
- Self-Serving Prediction Market Of The Day — Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006
- Prediction markets tend to be so illiquid, though, that mere activity looks like volatility.
- Decision Markets and Futarchy are solutions in desperate search for a problem to solve and for their early adopters… and that may stay that way well after Robin Hanson’s head gets cryogenized.