Folks, here is my proposal to the WordPress developers:
Assign a great number of editors to some specific pages
Right now, if you are an editor in WordPress, you can edit any posts and pages. Hence, the administrator of a big group blog would not have many editors —-because the blog posters would not like the idea that their colleagues can edit their posts.
But it would be great to be able to have a great number of editors for some specific pages. That way, any group blog powered by WordPress would be able to tap in the “-wisdom of crowds”- (see James Surowiecki book by the same name) —-the same way Wikipedia does. For more on Wikipedia, see these two posts.
Collective intelligence (a.k.a. wisdom of crowds) is a mechanism at the heart of Google PageRank, Wikipedia, open-source software, prediction markets, etc. It is very powerful. WordPress could tap into that very easily, by allowing a page-by-page editing role.
The WP admin would set who are the editor(s) of a particular page —-one registered person, two, a bunch of blog authors…- or any internet citizens like in Wikipedia.
Thanks a lot for your attention. Contact me for more info, or leave a comment below.
NEXT: WordPress is a bit like WikiMedia (the software powering Wikipedia), now.
Previous blog posts by Chris F. Masse:
- The definitive proof that FOR-PROFIT prediction exchanges (like BetFair and InTrade) are the best organizers of socially valuable prediction markets (like those on global warming and climate change).
- Fairness Doctrine prediction markets
- 2 MILLION TRADES LATER: Inkling’s play-money prediction markets are accurate —too.
- Web Forums on Prediction Markets
- Jason Ruspini will answer SOME of these CFTC questions. — 12 days left, Jason.
- QUIZZ OF THE DAY: Which blog is the most open minded?
- Prediction Markets TV — Will the controversial but indispensable Max Keiser (ex-HSX) stay true to his purpose, or will he f*** it up?