My post about the sudden closure of TradeSports was the #2 most downloaded webpages, yesterday —-even though that post was published late yesterday. And this morning, I am receiving tons of e-mails from the InTrade and TradeSports traders (they are often the same people).
- InTrade is the twin site of TradeSports.
- The closure of TradeSports was sudden.
- The TradeSports owners have closed shop less than 2 months before the SuperBowl —-the biggest $$$ drawer.
- Now that the 2008 US presidential elections are over, the InTrade heyday is over. No more liquidity. No more media coverage. See you in 2010 and 2012.
- If TradeSports couldn’-t survive the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, I don’-t see how a lean InTrade could do.
- InTrade CEO John Delaney is not a truthful person. It is unlikely that any statement from him about the viability of InTrade should be taken seriously.
- Midas Oracle used to received many daily server requests from the InTrade-TradeSports team in Ireland. The recent web stats show a sudden drop. This might signal that some key employees are in vacation —-or have been laid off.
- UPDATE: They seem now unable to expire a contract in the evening, Irish time.
- The InTrade traders should prepare themselves for the worse —-the sudden closure of InTrade.
Chris F. Masse